Thursday 28 February 2013

PS Vita First Impression



After going away from blogging I found this in my draft pile. I realise that I was very excited when I first got my hands on this device and believed it would go far... no. It is sadly not been given the love it deserves.

On that note, after the PS4 announcement I do believe Sony are planning on giving the Vita more TLC that it deserves and using a similar system that the Wii U and 3DS have been implementing (but better apparently).




Onto the device at hand I shall talk about it with fake enthusiasm, as I have now lost my genuine spark for it due to Sony letting this bad boy rot.

The OLED screen displays everything in front of you much more clearer and very sexy - like you have just seen your crush light up with many fireflies surrounding her (or him). It appears to be harder to scratch unlike the 3DS but then again I am taking on bad guys aggressively with my stylus... however so, the screen is very easy to clean and it cleans fast; no more scrubbing hard at the dirt marks.

Handling of the device feels alien at first if you are used to Nintendo's handheld products. Your hands will adjust rather quickly but the problem is that there are finger grooves on the back of the PS Vita, which feels uncomfortable when you are trying to hold it like it wants you too.

Many games on the Vita try to heavily support both touch screens and sometimes the gyro which is a neat gimmick, it can feel tiring if the game does not implement it nicely. One game I would recommend playing that uses all controls (Touch screens, gyro, buttons, mic and camera) is Frobisher Says! 

One major factor in getting a Vita is the price, which unfortunately does not appear to have a reduction in the near future. It is a heavy price compared to the 3DS - Nintendo's tactics in selling the 3DS paid off after selling it at a reduced cost. Along with the cost of the device is the appalling price for the Vita's SD memory cards. You cannot use any normal SD cards as they will not work. Sony made sure that you have to use their specially made SD cards. Sorry folks, as of now the 32 gigabyte SD card is currently just over £70. while the 4 gigabyte sits at around £15

I would recommend anyone to grab themselves a Vita because it is a mammoth of a handheld console but not right now. The cost is high and the games are limited. When Sony decides to reduce the costs and bring more games out then I say get it! Who knows, after the PS4 is released then better things may come of it.




0 comments:

Post a Comment